About Our Anesthesiologist
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our anesthesiologist, Dr. Thomas E. Lenhart and his ambulatory dental anesthesia practice, Bay Area Anesthesia. Dr. Thomas E. Lenhart is a Board-Certified Dentist, Anesthesiologist and a licensed California General Dentist. He completed his undergraduate degree in Microbiology from the University of California San Diego, a Doctorate in Dental Medicine from Boston University School of Dental Medicine, and received additional intensive training and experience in a Postdoctoral Medical/Dental Anesthesia Residency Program at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Medical Center and Affiliate Hospitals.
Dr Thomas E. Lenhart is highly trained in providing anesthesia care in a variety of clinical settings: Office, Surgical Center, and Hospital. For over 23 years, he has been providing both oral & conscious sedation, and general anesthesia for dentists & physicians and their patients throughout the Bay Area, Central Valley, Sacramento, Salinas and Monterey. Dr. Thomas E. Lenhart is highly skilled and extremely experienced in the anesthesia care of children and adults. It is the mission of his practice to do everything possible to make you and/or your child comfortable during the dental procedure.
- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR: UC San Francisco, School of Dentistry, Department of OroFacial Sciences, Volunteer.
- ANESTHESIA RESIDENCY: Loma Linda University Medical Center and Affiliate Hospitals
- DOCTORAL PROGRAM: Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- UNDERGRADUATE: University of California at San Diego, Bachelor of Arts in Microbiology
Recognized As An Experienced HealthCare Provider
- ANESTHESIOLOGIST: Riverside County Regional Medical Center, Level I – II Adult & Pediatric Trauma Center, Moreno Valley, CA.
- ANESTHESIOLOGIST: Riverside General Hospital, Level I – II Adult & Pediatric Trauma Center, Riverside, CA.
- RESIDENCY TRAINED DENTIST ANESTHESIOLOGIST specifically disciplined in providing sedation and/or general anesthesia care in a variety of clinical settings: Hospitals, Accredited Surgery Centers, and Dental/Medical Offices, Loma Linda, CA.
- LECTURER: Lectures in the US and Internationally to various organizations on topics that include but are not limited to: Conscious, Oral, & Deep Sedation, both General and Office-based Anesthesia, Nitrous Oxide, Pharmacology, Pediatric Anatomy & Physiology, and Pain Management and Medical Emergencies.
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, Member
- American Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Diplomate
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Educational Member
- Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, Member
- California Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, Member
- International College of Dentists, Fellow
- American College of Dentists, Fellow
- American Dental Association, Member
- California Dental Association, Member
- Contra Costa Dental Society, Member
Active Member Of The Community
- Past President, Irwin N. Lebow Children’s Dental Health Foundation, Walnut Creek, CA
- Past Trustee, California Dental Association, Board of Trustees, Sacramento, CA
- Past Trustee, Contra Costa Dental Society, Lafayette, CA
- Past President, Contra Costa Dental Society, Lafayette, CA.
- Member, Sheriff’s Posse of Contra Costa County, Martinez, CA
- Third Degree, Knights of Columbus, The Roman Catholic Diocese of Oakland, Oakland, CA