About Our Anesthesiologist
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our anesthesiologist, Dr. Thomas E. Lenhart and his ambulatory dental anesthesia practice of BAY AREA ANESTHESIA. Dr. Thomas E. Lenhart is a Board-Certified Dentist Anesthesiologist and a licensed California General Dentist. He completed his undergraduate degree in Microbiology from the University of California San Diego, a Doctorate in Dental Medicine from Boston University School of Dental Medicine, and has gone beyond that training to receive significant, additional training and experience in a postdoctoral medical/dental anesthesia residency program at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Medical Center and Affiliate Hospitals.
Dr Thomas E. Lenhart is highly trained in providing anesthesia care in a variety of clinical settings: Office, Surgical Center, and Hospital. For over 15 years, he has been providing oral sedation, conscious sedation and general anesthesia for dentists and their patients throughout the Bay Area, Central Valley, Sacramento, Santa Cruz and Monterey. Dr. Thomas E. Lenhart is highly skilled and extremely experienced in the anesthesia care of children and adults. It is the mission of his practice to do everything possible to make you and/or your child comfortable during the dental procedure.
- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR: UC San Francisco, School of Dentistry, Department of OroFacial Sciences, Volunteer
- ANESTHESIA RESIDENCY: Loma Linda University Medical Center and Affiliate Hospitals
- DOCTORAL PROGRAM: Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- UNDERGRADUATE: University of California at San Diego, Bachelor of Arts in Microbiology
Recognized As An Experienced HealthCare Provider
- LECTURER: Lectures in the US and Internationally to various organizations on topics such as Conscious Sedation, Oral Sedation, Deep Sedation, General Anesthesia, Office-based Anesthesia, Nitrous Oxide, Pharmacology, Pediatric Anatomy & Physiology, Pain Management and Medical Emergencies.
- ANESTHESIOLOGIST: Riverside County Regional Medical Center, Level II Adult & Pediatric Trauma Center
- ANESTHESIOLOGIST: Riverside General Hospital, Level I – II Adult & Pediatric Trauma Center
- RESIDENCY TRAINED DENTIST ANESTHESIOLOGIST specifically disciplined in providing sedation and/or general anesthesia care in a variety of clinical settings: Hospitals, Accredited Surgery Centers, and Dental/Medical Offices.
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, Member
- American Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Diplomate
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Educational Member
- International Anesthesia Research Society, Member
- Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, Member
- California Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, Member
- International College of Dentists, Fellow
- American College of Dentists, Fellow
- American Dental Association, Member
- California Dental Association, Member
- Contra Costa Dental Society, Member
Active Member Of The Community
- Past President, Irwin N. Lebow Children’s Dental Health Foundation, Walnut Creek, CA
- Trustee, California Dental Association, Board of Trustees, Sacramento, CA
- Trustee, Contra Costa Dental Society, Lafayette, CA
- Member, Sheriff’s Posse of Contra Costa County, Martinez, CA
- Knights of Columbus, The Roman Catholic Diocese of Oakland, Oakland, CA